Happy Valentines Day! I will “celebrate” this day by posting pictures of Heart-Shaped Things!
Here’s a close up of a Heart-Shaped Potato found at the Potato Festival at Sentry Hill Historic House, UK.
Heart Shaped Bacon for Valentine’s Day Breakfast!
Here’s How to Make it!
- You will need 12 slices of bacon to make 12 hearts.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Cut your bacon slices in half.
- Use 2 pieces of the cut in half bacon and shape them into a heart on a sheet pan (make sure this pan has sides so the grease doesn’t get all over your oven!)
- Bake for 18 – 25 minutes (or until done)
- Serve with a heart shaped Egg!
On This Day, June 4th, in 1942: Glenn Wallichs started Capitol Records. Wallichs “invented” the art of record promotion by being the first record company owner to send free copies of label’s new releases to radio stations in hopes of gaining airplay. Capitol Records was, of course, home to The Beatles for decades, as well as artist like The Beach Boys, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Bobby Darin, Dean Martin, Glen Campbell, Steve Miller, Dr. Hook, Bob Seger, Tina Turner and Heart.
They may be cute, but they thirst for blood. These official mascot characters are tasked with recruiting blood donors in Japan. The blood donation mascot of Iwate prefecture is Kokoron-chan, whose name is derived from the word “kokoro” (heart). She was designed to evoke an image of peace, warm-heartedness and blood.