After enduring eight years of “two cans and a string” internet connections via AOL (AOHELL is more like it), I recently became an adult, got a High Speed cable modem and went totally pro with the email. It’s been a total bitch weaning myself off AOL (like a dysfunctional relationship you just can’t bear to leave) and spending hours and hours reconfiguring my new internet set up, replacing email preferences and getting all of my email accounts to go into Outlook, but I can already see it’s so worth the small hassle, if only to reap the HUGE rewards of email that actually arrives and the ability to filter hordes of viagra spam.
Here are some reasons why AOL SUCKS
1. NO support for the Mac (i.e. no software upgrades past 5.0, no AOL for broadband unless you have OSX).
2. Dial up service fastest connection speed: 38.8
3. Three minutes to download email
4. Three minutes to send an email, only to get an error message “Our host computer cannot process your request.”
5. Inability of the AOL web-browser-from-hell to recognize the Flash plug-in.
6. Getting booted offline every 15 minutes.
7. Having your account frozen for sending an email to multiple recipients (they can’t stop real Spammers, but they tie the hands of their own subscribers. Smart).
8. More SPAM in my mailbox than at a Hormel meat packing plant.
9. Did I mention their shitty browser?
10. IT SUCKS!
Don’t be afraid to leave AOL just because you’re used to its lameness and ineptitude. If I can make the break, anyone can. You can easily find yourself a Coupon code and get a discount at almost ANY ISP, it’s your turn, take it.