OK, summer is officially here, yay! For folks living in regions where summer only lasts three months (that is, anywhere besides California or Florida), it’s time to enjoy being outside in the sun as much as possible! Yes, the sun is awesome, but everyone, regardless of skin tone, needs a degree of sun-protection. If you are like me and have a super-fair Scandinavian complexion, sun-bathing and long beach-days are not on the table.
Even brief exposure to the sun’s mood-lifting rays will burn my delicate skin to a painful crisp, so I need an effective, high-SPF sunscreen that goes on clean and protects for hours. Since sunscreen isn’t just a seasonal thing for me, I’ve tried many different brands and find most to be very effective in preventing sunburn; but recently I was introduced to a brand I like better than others, for a few reasons. It’s called Laguna and it’s part of the SUNPLUS family of sun protection products.
Laguna (named perhaps for the beautiful beach city in Southern California) is an all-purpose, all-over, skin-nourishing sunscreen. Made like a luxury lotion while offering maximum sun protection and performance, Laguna contains skin superfoods (more about those later), vitamins, antioxidants and moisturizing ingredients to make your skin feel softer and look smoother and younger — so your skin actually feels better after a day in the sun.
The first quality I like about Laguna is how it feels coming out of the tube: very smooth and silky, and not at all sticky or greasy. It absorbs into your skin quickly, is non-whitening and leaves no tactile residue. This is a bonus when applying the product to my face, near my hairline, and on my ears (where I have had reoccurring pre-cancers). No one wants sticky, greasy hair which, no matter how careful you are, can result from greasy sun protection products that get out of hand. I’m sure the ladies feel me on this.
A second appreciated quality is Laguna’s mild scent, which imbues just enough essence of a-day-at-the-beach to kick in all those positive memories without clashing with your perfume or making you smell like a walking Pina Colada.
Best of all, Laguna is long-lasting and does not sweat off and run into your eyes. Just a small amount provides hours of sun protection.
Here are a list of Key Benefits from the SUNPLUS website:
• Protects against pollutants + signs of premature aging.
• Plant based skin superfoods, vitamins + antioxidants.
• For smoother, softer and younger feeling and looking skin.
• Broad spectrum + high SPFRubs in clean + clear.
• No harmful chemicals. Mineral based. High water resistance.
• No PABA. Non-Nano. No GMO. Vegan. Cruelty Free.
SUNPLUS is packed with ultra-healthy, skin nourishing, plant-based, natural superfood ingredients, so it not only protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays, it also moisturizes, soothes and protects your skin from pollutants and premature aging.
Earlier in this article I promised you more information about Laguna’s Skin Superfoods. Read on for the skinny.
Skin Superfoods – Antioxidants & Vitamins
Just like your body needs a variety of healthy foods to thrive, your skin needs a variety of beneficial ingredients to look its best. Your skin cells absorb skin beneficial superfoods contained in our lotions. We pack our lotions with a balanced variety of antioxidant and vitamin rich plant, flower and berry superfood ingredients.
What do they do exactly? The answer is, a lot:
- Sun Damage Restorer – Phytosterols repair skin after sun damage that we can’t even see.
- Slow Premature Aging –Antioxidants fight free radicals and combat oxidative damage, which is a leading cause of skin cancer and premature aging.
- Protect Against Environmental Pollutants – Antioxidants fight free radicals and combat oxidative damage, which is a leading cause of skin cancer and premature aging.
- Wrinkle Fighters – Ellegic acid prevents early wrinkles and boosts your skin’s natural collagen and elastin production, which makes your skin look more youthful and firm.
- Intense Moisturizer – Phytosterols also reduce water loss on the skin, keeping you hydrated and moisturized for longer.
Laguna sunscreen is priced at just $24 for 4-ounce tube, and you can shop the full line of SUNPLUS products for sun, shore and sport at This Link!