Although he’s been gone for over thirty years, Elvis is still known as The King of Rock n’ Roll! To celebrate his passionate career, Basil Hayden’s Bourbon teamed up with top LA mixologist Damian Windsor to create a cocktail-style shot that combines sweet and salty flavors mixed with the trademark spicy finish of Basil Hayden’s Bourbon. Damian’s creation was inspired by two of The King’s favorite foods – Banana and Peanut Butter – and the growing trend to create bourbon cocktail-style shots using savory ingredients.
On August 16th, be sure to honor Elvis and the impact he had on American pop culture by toasting him with the Basil Hayden’s Shake, Rattle and Rock, the recipe for which I share with you now:
Basil Hayden’s Shake, Rattle and Rock
Created by Damian Windsor
– 2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
– 1 part Lemon Juice
– 3/4 parts Peanut Banana Syrup*
– 1 part Whipping Cream
– 3/4 Pasteurized Egg White (Optional)
– Sea Salt
1. Add Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon, lemon juice, peanut banana syrup, egg white and whipping cream to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake vigorously and strain into a shot glass.
3. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt.
*Peanut Banana Syrup
– 1 cup Banana Chips
– 1/2 cup Unsalted Peanuts
– 3 cups Sugar
– 3 cups Water
1. Add water to a sauce and bring to a boil.
2. Add sugar, peanuts and banana chips and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Let it rest and cool to room temperature.
4. Fine strain the peanuts and banana chips from the syrup liquid and transfer to a clean glass.
Cheers to Elvis!