Holy Mother of Gouda, will you look at that photo? Did you ever imagine that such a thing as a Mac & Cheese Donut even existed? I did not, and yet, there it is. With today (July 14th) being National Mac & Cheese Day, I snagged this recipe for Creamy Cheddar Mac & Cheese Donuts from the website of Three Bridges [www.threebridges.com] — a chef-crafted pasta, sauce, and meal brand that makes clean eating easy. If donuts make you go nuts, this is the dish for you. Breaking the mold, these donuts trade in the sweet for the savory, but don’t be fooled — they’re just as addicting!
Here’s how to make them!
Creamy Cheddar Mac & Cheese Donuts
|1-12oz pkg||Three Bridges Creamy Cheddar Mac and Cheese Kit|
|1/2 cup||panko breadcrumbs|
|1 cup||cheddar cheese, shredded|
|sauces, vegetables, or other toppings of your choice|
- Prepare Three Bridges Creamy Cheddar Mac n Cheese per directions, let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix the panko bread crumbs, one tablespoon of melted butter, and half of the cheddar cheese (1/2 cup). Set aside.
- Mix the mac & cheese with the egg and flour and remaining shredded cheddar cheese (1/2 cup).
- Use remaining butter to grease donut pan. Spoon the mixture equally into greased donut pan and sprinkle with the panko breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and donuts feel firm.
- Add your favorite toppings to the donuts. Serve & enjoy!