This jug depicts President William McKinley dressed as Napoleon as a political satire of his policy shift towards American imperialism in the Philippines. Continue reading Yes, It Exists: President William McKinley as Napoleon
Tag Archives: satire
Orange Dum Dums: For A Special Kind of Sucker
It’s a good thing I have a sharp eye or I would have walked right by this fun street art sticker, which cleverly portrays the hideous orange face of Dump as an Orange Dum Dums sucker! Bwhahahaha! They got the sucking part right, that is for sure. Just six more that of this loser. January 20th can’t come soon enough.
Photographed at the Southeast Corner 23rd Street and 8th Avenue.
Apple Store Playset by Playmobil
Do you enjoy shopping at the Apple Store? I sure do. There’s a big, shiny Apple Store just across town from me, on the corner of 9th Avenue and 14th Street (the bus goes right there). If you are in the area, sometimes it is fun to just “pop in” and browse the cool Apple products while listening to endless loops of The Beatles’ music. I just heard about a cool new toy that I would certainly buy if I had children; the Apple Store playset by Playmobil. Here are some of this cutting-edge playset’s fantastic features:
- Amazing PLAYMOBIL™ set introduces children to the magic of Apple technology
- Interactive play teaches important social interaction skills
- Includes everything pictured: entire store with figures and over 60 accessories
- Store comes fully staffed with PLAYMOBIL™ Apple Store associates
- Ground floor of Apple store features product demo tables, software shelves and kids corner
- Top floor includes Genius Bar and Keynote Theater with mini Steve Jobs figure
- Use your own real iPhone 4 as the screen behind Steve Jobs in the Keynote Theater (downloadable simulated keynote presentation available on the PLAYMOBIL™ website)
- Purchase the optional Line Pack and stage your own Apple Device launch party!
- Entire store measures 72 cm long x 36 cm deep x 40 cm high
- Officially licensed Apple product
I so want to own this.