It is with a not-that-heavy heart that I am announcing the recent death of my Guest Book. After spending too much time, several times a day, cleaning out innumerable spam messages for such can’t-live-without-it items as Texas Hold’ Em Gambling Websites, Viagra, “David’s Prom Dresses” and Cialis, I decided it would be in the best interest of my right wrist to close the Guest Book to new comments. No one had left a new message in six months anyway. Words of faint praise and clever communications can still be sent to me directly or left on my FaceBook Fan Page.
Top Ten Things I am Thankful for Today
1. Slept in until 7:45 AM!
2. Heat on in the Chickpad
3. Having a “Good hair day”
4. Have some time to transcribe part of the 90 minute phone interview I did last night.
5. Don’t have to take the subway today.
6. Received three nice comments on Myspace.
7. Barbara is cooking Thanksgiving dinner for me and all I have to do is pay for half the groceries (read: leftovers coming home with me).
8. Survivor on tonight!
9. About to toast an English muffin for breakfast.
10. Only 10 or so “Tamiflu” SPAM posts to delete in my Guestbook today!
After enduring eight years of “two cans and a string” Internet connections via AOL (AOHELL is more like it), I recently became an adult, got a High Speed cable modem and went totally pro with the email. Continue reading AOL SUCKS