I love this Survivor-themed Birthday cake which I found over on the fabulous Cake Wrecks Blog. Survivor!
In no particular order, as is the nature of things labeled as random.
- Duff McKagan has apparently left Jane’s Addiction. I had no idea he had ever joined Jane’s Addiction.
- People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk are complete idiots.
- Today I felt that 4:30 PM was too late to see a movie that’s playing at a theater farther away from my apartment than a 10-minute walk.
- Even though it’s past Labor Day, I am probably still going to wear my linen pants a few more times.
- It feels good to throw away stuff that you are no longer using , especially when it is ugly, broken or doesn’t fit anymore.
- 4 Chan: What the hell is that, anyway?
- I finally saw Inception yesterday. It is so nice to see that Cillian Murphy has finally grown into his oddly-shaped face.
- Wow, what the heck is going on with the Google logo today anyway? Is it the anniversary of the day they invented the Milton Bradley game Twister or the design for the Wonder Bread wrapper? Take a look at it and tell me what you think is going on
- The next season of Survivor debuts on September 15th. I am excited about that as long as there is absolutely no way for them to bring back Russell again. Because seriously, I hate that guy.
- Every day I wonder why this one particular post, Happy Birthday, Jim Morrison, is always the most popular post on this blog. Today was no exception.
Suck It, Russell
Ah, Christmas has come early this year. I cannot tell you how much sweet, sweet schadenfreude I felt watching Russell lose the $1 million dollar prize. To Natalie. A woman. That arrogant, misogynist, self- aggrandizing prick. I’m not normally a hateful person, but it was deeply satisfying to see how upset and disappointed he was. I really wanted him to cry. What a sore loser! If he’s on the next season, Heroes and Villains (or whatever they’re calling it) I hope he goes first.
1. Daylight Saving Time is Evil.
2. Coach on Survivor is a complete Tool and needs to be killed by a rare tropical disease.
3. Day job is trying to keep me from using the coffee milk for my morning cereal.
4. It takes me one bus and three trains to get to work now (but I just pretend to hate it).
5. People let their dogs pee and poop too close to my front door.
6. Upstairs neighbors make too much noise.
7. My elbow hurts.
8. Too many changes to the internal phone list.
9. No McDonalds or Taco Bell near the new office.
10. Not enough time to write clever blog posts.
Bowl of Smiley Face Fried Potatos. I Would Eat Them.
I consider myself to be a happy person with a (mostly) positive attitude about life. But the truth is, when you write a blog, it is much funnier to complain and rag on shit constantly. And it is much, much easier to make hilarious, mean spirited jokes when you are talking about how much something sucks. But today I am having a really good day. Here is a Top Ten List of random stuff that has put me in a good mood just at this moment.
1. Having a “Good Hair Day.”
2. A girl in the office made cookies and she gave me one.
3. Great TV on tonight: Top Chef, Man Vs Food and Important Things with Demetri Martin – Woo hoo!
4. I had delicious street meat for lunch. Mmmm…street meat.
5. New season of Survivor debuts tomorrow!
6. Saturday is Valentines Day (aka Valloween) and I don’t even care that I have no boyfriend.
7. Sunday is my Birthday and Bigelf are playing at the Mercury Lounge!
8. Oh my god, this blog is so effing popular! (But I wish more people would leave comments *hint hint*).
9. Barack Obama is President.
10. It is a beautiful day and warm enough to be outside with a bare head – yay!
Tomorrow I will get back to looking for something worth ripping on.