All Photos By Gail
I was barely home from London for twelve hours before I had to make a mad dash to Javits Center for the final day of NY Now! Jet lag be damned, there was too much cool design inspiration waiting at the summer edition of our favorite biannual gift show. From unique home goods to fabulous fashion accessories, hilarious greeting cards and adorable soft toys that will make you squee, there’s truly something for everyone at NY Now. Let’s get right to my fantastic photo recap with a few favorite home décor designs to let your individuality shine!
Continue reading Eye On Design: Finding Inspiration at NY Now, Summer 2023
We all have that one go-to outfit: the one we feel most comfortable in and know that we look good when wearing it. But sometimes, even our favorite outfit can start to feel a little bit boring. If you’re in need of a style refresh, don’t reach for your credit card just yet. With a few key staple pieces, such as those offered by Jewlr, you can easily update your look without breaking the bank. Here are six ways to pump up your basic outfit with some must-have accessories.
Continue reading 6 Ways To Enhance Your Basic Outfit With Staple Accessories
Photo By Gail
In case you wanted to know, February 27th is National Strawberry Day! The thing is, Strawberries are in the off season, so here are a few alternative ways that you can celebrate Oklahoma’s State Fruit:
1. Pick up a pouch of delicious YumEarth Organic Gluten Free Strawberry Licorice to get the taste of real strawberries with every bite.
2. Accessorize your February fashion with these fun Strawberry Earrings by Marc Jacobs.
3. Blast “Strawberry Fields Forever” by The Beatles all day – for the true strawberry lovers, check out the actual Strawberry Fields in Central Park!
4. If you have kids, head over to your local library or bookstore and read The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear!
5. Keep your lips luscious with Strawberry Lip Balm from Burt’s Bees.
6. Do all of your writing with Strawberry Scented Pens for the day!
Have a sweet day!
All Jewelry and Store Display Photos By Gail
Italian jewelry brand Iosselliani celebrated the launch of its Holiday 2013 Capsule Collection, which is exclusive to its New York Flagship Boutique, with a fun and festive reception and showcase this past Friday evening. Designers Paolo Giacomelli and Roberta Paolucci, the power duo behind the brand, were on hand at the event to mingle and answer questions about their uniquely gorgeous designs.
But First, let’s talk about the 800 Pound Gorilla in the room.
This ceiling-high Giant White Gorilla (Associates in the store told us it was an art piece purchased in Chicago) sits at the rear of the sleek, intimate showroom and adds a cool, fun vibe to the store. It has nothing to do with the jewelry, but we could not resist photographing it for this story. Because, Giant White Gorilla.
Continue reading Iosselliani Debuts 2013 Holiday Jewelry Collection at NYC Flagship Boutique
Shark Attack on Your Earlobes!