I lived in Southern California until I moved to NYC at age 27; and from ages 3 to 19 (1964 to 1980) I resided in the city of Orange. The main street in my neighborhood was Tustin Avenue, which was populated with countless fast food and casual restaurants including McDonalds, Taco Bell, Marie Callender’s, A&W (Root Beer) Drive Up, Arby’s, Jack In The Box, Winchell’s Donuts, Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlor, IHOP, Baskin Robbins and others whose memories have been lost to time.
This rad birthday cake in the form of two Taco Bell tacos was made by Laura LeClair Kelley – surely the Coolest Mom in the World – for her son’s 12th birthday. Here’s what’s in it: The taco “shells” are made of rolled out snicker-doodle dough with chocolate jimmies throughout for the “flecks.” The inner cake is a frosted chocolate round, cut in half. The lettuce is coconut that has been doctored with green food coloring, the tomatoes are diced up Twizzlers, cheese is rolled out and julienned orange Starbursts and the sour cream is made from giant melted marshmallows. According to Laura, “the entire process was surprisingly easy” and “didn’t take much time to do at all.” So awesome.
1. Daylight Saving Time is Evil.
2. Coach on Survivor is a complete Tool and needs to be killed by a rare tropical disease.
3. Day job is trying to keep me from using the coffee milk for my morning cereal.
4. It takes me one bus and three trains to get to work now (but I just pretend to hate it).
5. People let their dogs pee and poop too close to my front door.
6. Upstairs neighbors make too much noise.
7. My elbow hurts.
8. Too many changes to the internal phone list.
9. No McDonalds or Taco Bell near the new office.
10. Not enough time to write clever blog posts.