Think back on all of the Academy Award-winning films of the past 20 years and imagine which ones might be the most likely choice for a musical adaptation/parody. I’m guessing that Horror/Drama, The Silence of The Lambs is probably close to the bottom of that list. The mind-boggling unlikelihood that such a thing could even exist is one of the reasons that Silence! The Musical – which is in fact a musical send-up of 1991’s Best Picture Oscar winner – must be seen to be believed. Originally produced at 2005’s New York International Fringe Festival, Silence! The Musical! is back for a commercial run in NYC. Really, you need to see it
Tag Archives: theater
Must See Show: Spider-Man, Turn Off The Dark
Julie Taymor is an extremely literal-minded director. That much is in evidence if you’ve seen the film Across the Universe, a Taymor-directed 2006 release in which she visually interpreted, word-for-word, a cache of The Beatles’ most popular songs in order to tell the most simple-minded love story imaginable.
Continue reading Must See Show: Spider-Man, Turn Off The Dark
Top 10 Random Thoughts of The Day
In no particular order, as is the nature of things labeled as random.
- Duff McKagan has apparently left Jane’s Addiction. I had no idea he had ever joined Jane’s Addiction.
- People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk are complete idiots.
- Today I felt that 4:30 PM was too late to see a movie that’s playing at a theater farther away from my apartment than a 10-minute walk.
- Even though it’s past Labor Day, I am probably still going to wear my linen pants a few more times.
- It feels good to throw away stuff that you are no longer using , especially when it is ugly, broken or doesn’t fit anymore.
- 4 Chan: What the hell is that, anyway?
- I finally saw Inception yesterday. It is so nice to see that Cillian Murphy has finally grown into his oddly-shaped face.
- Wow, what the heck is going on with the Google logo today anyway? Is it the anniversary of the day they invented the Milton Bradley game Twister or the design for the Wonder Bread wrapper? Take a look at it and tell me what you think is going on
- The next season of Survivor debuts on September 15th. I am excited about that as long as there is absolutely no way for them to bring back Russell again. Because seriously, I hate that guy.
- Every day I wonder why this one particular post, Happy Birthday, Jim Morrison, is always the most popular post on this blog. Today was no exception.