Are you looking around for a new job because you’re unhappy? Make sure your read the job description very carefully next time.
Spotted in the Barnes and Noble Bookstore in Union Square, NYC.
The most popular song in the country right now is Pharrell Williams ridiculously contagious anthem, “Happy,” whose upbeat lyrics are full of positive advice for any day. But just in case you need a reminder, or a bit of gentle encouragement in your own life, you can get involved with creating and spreading Acts of Happiness on International Day of Happiness, coming up on Thursday, March 20th.
Earlier this week Actsofhappiness.org helped to set the mood and promote its Acts of Happiness campaign with a Happiness Happy Hour, hosted by Krupp Kommunications. Originally conceived by the United Nations, International Day of Happiness will see Happiness Walls built in more than 25 cities around the country — including San Francisco, New York, Dallas and Atlanta — so that people everywhere can celebrate and post their Acts of Happiness to spread and share joy.
To launch the campaign, Happiness Happy Hour attendees posted their own Acts of Happiness (#HappyActs) to start a Happiness Wall right there in the K2 Offices.
It was very fun and inspiring to share each others’ Acts of Happiness stories while enjoying tasty snacks and refreshing beverages, provided by K2.
Remember that no act of kindness is ever wasted and even what seems like a small gesture can have an impact that changes lives. Read about more fun ways that you and your friends can get involved in International Day of Happiness and find the location of a Happiness Wall near you at This Link.
I have a lot of opinions about the kinds of things nobody else usually gives a crap about, and to keep track of all my opinions (in case I ever need evidence) I like to make lists. As we creep ever closer to the end of 2007 by the minute, I offer now, for your reading pleasure, my list of the:
Top Ten Things that Should Happen in 2008 to Make My Life Happier
10. Ryan Seacrest ceases to appear in all visual media so I never have to look at the insipid mug of this talentless hack ever again.
9. People of the Earth adopt the philosophy of Zero Population Growth so we can start to repair some of the damage we’ve done to our planet before it’s too late.
8. Smokers realize that the world is not their ashtray.
7. The View is canceled.
6. My lead-footed upstairs neighbors move away and are replaced by sedentary octogenarians.
5. Every charitable organization except Covenant House takes me off its mailing list forever.
4. Car alarms are declared illegal. Possession of any car whose alarm goes off while I am sleeping is punishable by death.
3. Every band that sounds like My Chemical Romance or Fallout Boy breaks up.
2. Britney Spears becomes a reclusive shut-in.
1. Democrats win the White House!