Photo By Gail
Juan Gris (1887 – 1927), a master of disguised images, presents a table brimming with coffee cups, stemmed wineglasses, a large white-footed fruit compote (see from the side and from above) containing thickly painted grapes, a bottle of red wine, a bottle of Bass extra stout ale with its distinctive red diamond logo, a newspaper, and a guitar. Yet, Still Life with Checked Tablecloth (1915) has another equally compelling identity: a Bull’s head. The coffee cup at lower center doubles as the animal’s snout, black-and-white concentric circle at left is a “bull’s eye,” the bottle of ale is an ear, and the sinuous edge of the guitar is the horn. The letters “EAU” on the wine label, which ostensibly stand for “bEAUjolais” can just as easily represent “taurEAU” (Bull).
Photographed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC
All Photos By Gail (Click on Any Image to Enlarge for Detail)
I have to thank my friend Andrew for turning me on to The Button Show; a super fun exhibit that’s up now at Rush Arts Gallery. Curated by Peter “Souleo” Wright, The Button Show features sculptures and other artworks created using regular clothing buttons, incorporated with other found objects, to create unique art that is delightful to behold.
Continue reading The Button Show at Rush Arts Gallery
I know this awesome Hot Pink Mixer looks like a work art, but I bet its especially great for making Pink Cakes!
Halloween is coming up in just a few weeks, and I know you have a long list of supplies to buy for all of your partying needs. Here’s one to cross off that list right now: the Eye On You Light Up Eyeball Wine Bottle Stopper. This thing is so cool, why save it for Halloween? Why not make it your every day wine bottle stopper?
Eye On You Features:
- Metal Bottle Stopper shaped like a Glass Eyeball
- Eyeball lights up with LED light (battery included)
- Eyeball comes in three colors: Orange, Green and Blue
- Fits most wine bottles – rubber ring provides a tight seal
- Size: 1-1/2″ dia. x 4″
How can you even live without one of these, knowing it will set you back a mere $12.95? Buy yours now at This Link! (Sadly, this item has been discontinued)
Oh my! I love how this Wine Bottle Stopper makes it look as if a little zombie arm is reaching up from the neck of your wine bottle! Scary! Do you need to own one? The details are below:
- Wine bottle cork or bottle stopper shaped like a zombie hand rising from the ground
- Exquisite level of gory details – handcrafted by local indie artists
- Material: tough urethane resin and cork
- Unique: no two are exactly alike – paint details may vary as it is handpainted
- Size: 1-1/4″ dia. x 5″ (3 cm dia. x 12.5 cm) Fits most wine bottles
- Design: Odd Art Fabrications
Priced at just $11.95, it makes a great gift for your ghoulish