Do you like making cocktails at home? I sure do. But sometimes I am too tired to do much more than put ice in a glass, pour a shot over that and then fill the glass with juice or soda. Bar tending is often best left to professionals. But a while back, Cascade Ice sent me an assortment of their one-step cocktail mixers and flavored sparkling waters, which make home mixology so easy!
There are Three Golden Rules with regard to Sex on the Beach:
1. Pick a position and stick to it: Too much switching and swapping results in two bodies entirely coated in beach sand.
2. Bring a towel or blanket: Sand in your underwear is both uncomfortable and hard to explain.
3. Proceed with caution: that stretch of golden sand is always less secluded than you think.
February 22nd is National Margarita Day, in case no one hipped you to that fact. Also, did you have any idea that the Margarita is the Number 1 cocktail drink in the US? I sure didn’t, as I am a Martini gal, myself. Still, I am not adverse to the occasional frozen fruit margarita (peach or mango being my favorite varieties) when the occasion presents itself. The recipe below might be a fun one to try out while relaxing at home this evening, and you don’t even need a blender! Ole!
Total prep time: 10 minutes
Wedge of lime
2 teaspoons coarse margarita salt
14 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice, with pulp (about 3 medium grapefruits)
1 ounce lime juice
5 ounces reposado tequila
2 ounces triple sec
4 slices grapefruit or twists
1. Run a lime wedge halfway around the rims of four margarita glasses and dip into salt. Set aside.
2. Combine 7 ounces grapefruit juice, one-half ounce lime juice, 2 1/2 ounces tequila and 1 ounce triple sec in a cocktail shaker. Shake over ice until chilled. Strain into two ice-filled, salt-rimmed margarita glasses.
3. Garnish with a twist or slice of grapefruit. Repeat to make two more cocktails.