Waiting in line to get into Trader Joe’s: It is a thing that we do now. While standing in a recent TJ’s queue, I had a moment to snap a pic of the nearby sidewalk fruit stand, where a vibrantly-hued box of Pink Limes was clearly on display. These Limes with the brand name Pink come from a produce supplier called JadeProduce, and the limes are not actually pink inside, just to clear up any confusion. Wouldn’t it be cool though, if they were?
In case you wanted to know, February 27th is National Strawberry Day! The thing is, Strawberries are in the off season, so here are a few alternative ways that you can celebrate Oklahoma’s State Fruit:
1. Pick up a pouch of delicious YumEarth Organic Gluten Free Strawberry Licorice to get the taste of real strawberries with every bite.
2. Accessorize your February fashion with these fun Strawberry Earrings by Marc Jacobs.
3. Blast “Strawberry Fields Forever” by The Beatles all day – for the true strawberry lovers, check out the actual Strawberry Fields in Central Park!
4. If you have kids, head over to your local library or bookstore and read The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear!
5. Keep your lips luscious with Strawberry Lip Balm from Burt’s Bees.
6. Do all of your writing with Strawberry Scented Pens for the day!
Have a sweet day!
If you assume that Freeze Dried Fruit will taste anything like Dried Fruit, prepare to have your mind blown away completely when you taste Crispy Fruit — the worlds most delicious snack that comes in a bag. Just being serious.
We have been digging on Crispy Fruit since first discovering it at Food Fete Summer 2013, so, when we ran into the folks at Crispy Green (makers of Crispy Fruit) during July’s Summer Fancy Food Show, we made sure to say pretty please when requesting a box of Crispy Fruit to review.
Crispy Green freeze dried fruit snack comes in seven varieties including Apple, Asian Pear, Tangerine, Mango, Cantaloupe, Pineapple and Banana. Mmm, Crispy Banana – as much fun to say as it is to eat!
In every case, the fruit is light and crispy like a chip, but it still has a fresh fruit taste! They take all the juice out of it, but keep the flavor. Insane. How do they even do that? I do not know. The high quality packaging also locks in the “crunch,” keeping Crispy Fruit at its flavor peak.
Crispy Fruit is the perfect way to satisfy your snack cravings while adding more fruit to your diet – all without additives or preservatives. Even kids who get fussy over having to eat fresh fruit will love Crispy Fruit! Also, it is low in calories at just 35 to 55 calories per serving! But the most important reason to try Crispy Fruit is that is just tastes so darn good!
I ate the above pictured Crispy Apple with a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch yesterday and it was heavenly. And doesn’t it look just like a sliced fresh apple? Sure it does.
Read more about Crispy Green and Crispy Fruit, find out where to buy it in your area and even order it online at This Link!
I love this little guy, and I bet he tastes delicious.
Watch It Turn Brown.